The robots are coming, and they are here to stay. Think about all the jobs replaced by machines, from assembly line workers to retailers. Now think about the possibilities of robotics, where humans are no longer the deciding factor in function, cost, and supply chain. Imagine robots that can learn, develop, and adapt to the real world just like humans. How would that change our work lives, domestic lives, and even our social interactions?
Robotics is a technology that is rapidly evolving and positively impacting society. Owing to their effectiveness, robots are predicted to soon replace millions of human jobs, and they already are in some industries. The driverless car revolution is underway, and it won’t be long before we see robots delivering groceries, cleaning offices and homes, and even performing surgeries. Robot technology isn’t only for jobs—it could also improve the lives of seniors and people with disabilities.
Needless to say, robotic technology is revolutionizing every aspect of our world. From manufacturing to healthcare, to the military and space exploration, robotics allows humans to accomplish tasks faster and with greater precision than ever before.
The Advantage and Dis Advantages of Robots in Society
- They Increase Production – Robots, unlike humans can work endlessly, showing a steady increase in production. The robotic industry’s increased production helps in increasing profitability as well as in cost reduction. This is not only happening in India, but in various other countries as well.
- They’re More Accurate than Humans – Apparently, they are more precise than humans. Because humans being humans tend to make mistakes. However, even though many robotic applications are precise, we still have a lot to learn about them. For instance, how is the vision system of the autonomous car programmed?
- They Make Fewer Mistakes – The world is increasingly relying on automated workstations to handle a growing array of tasks. Robots are taking over factories, airports, and hospitals. And they’re doing the job better than people can do them. Quite interestingly, robots can even tend crops now. But, how is a robot helping change the world? Because robots are quicker, more accurate, and far less prone to error.
- They’re More Reliable than Humans – Robotics are more intelligent than humans, despite the fact that humans have created them. The robot can read and write without mistakes. According to research, a robot can calculate 16 trillion operations per second, which is way faster than human speed.
- They Can Work 24/7 – Robots don’t need sleep or lunch breaks. Besides, they are good at doing their jobs even when you are sleeping or away on vacation.
- They Lead Humans to Lose Their Jobs – Many jobs such as factory workers, bus drivers, and accountants have been replaced by robot technology. Though technology has helped people in several areas, such as helping them get in shape, learn about new cultures, and meet people across the globe, however, it has also reduced the number of human jobs.
- They Need Constant Power – Robots are now more advanced and capable than ever. A robot is a machine that performs any task without the need for human intervention (or that can be controlled by a person). Robots are becoming more and more popular, not only because they are capable of performing any task, but because they are programmed to follow instructions and are very “green.” However, they need constant power to keep functioning, the same as humans need food as their fuel.
- They’re Restricted to their Programming – Robots are artificial beings created by humans. They are programmed to do specific tasks. For instance, they can be programmed to do household chores, or they can be used in combat. And one robot can only perform the task it has been programmed to perform, meaning you may require different robots for different tasks.
- They Have No Emotions – Roboticists say robots are the future. They will be able to do everything better than we can. But there is one thing about robots that will be a problem. They have no emotions.
Robotics might not seem like something you would normally associate with the future of our planet, but the reality is that robotics will be critical in helping us prepare for the changes our planet faces. Apparently, robotics is paving the way for better satellite imaging, weather prediction, and tracking of marine debris, and the experts behind it are already working with governments and private companies to develop solutions for natural disasters, from famine relief to disaster recovery.